Meet our 2018 Summer Assistants!

Due to the popularity of Iron County’s summer youth programs, Iron County 4-H Youth Development Educator, Neil Klemme has enlisted the help of our two veteran summer assistants Felicia Herlevi and Emily Murphy and our newest summer assistant, Tandrell Foster. With their help, we are able to extend our outreach efforts to involve area youth in programs such as, Iron County Summer Youth Camp, TrailBlazers, Outpost Camp, and 4-H Cloverbud Day Camp. They also lend a hand at the Iron County Fair and new this year, Tandrell Foster will be partnering with the Hurley School Kids Club, by offering team building sessions life skill development with the youth that attend this program over the summer months. Continue reading to learn more about our summer assistants.

Hello!

I’m Felicia Herlevi as many of you may know because this is my third summer working with Iron County UW-Extension summer programming. I’m going to be a Senior at the University of Minnesota this upcoming school year. I’m studying Speech Language Hearing Sciences and am minoring in both Leadership and Neuroscience. With that, I’m hoping to become a Speech Therapist one day.

It has been amazing to see how much the 4-H programs have grown since I first got involved in them in High School. Last year was my first time going to the Outpost Camp and it was an absolute blast so it’s what I am looking forward to the most for this summer. Going to college in the Twin Cities has given me a new appreciation for how beautiful it is up North and I want to embrace that as much as I can before going back in September- which is easy to do with this job!

Hello,

My name is Emily Murphy and this is my second year as a summer assistant at the Iron Country UW-Extension office. I love working with youth and hope to be an educator someday, so I am very excited to be working in the UW-Extension office again this summer. I am looking forward to all of our summer programming, especially TrailBlazers because we get to bike and canoe to great places in our area.

This summer I am participating in a biking challenge to raise money for children’s cancer research where I will bike as many miles as I can in the month of June. In the fall, I will be continuing my degree in Education. I live in Ironwood where I enjoy spending time with my family, going fishing, and reading. I’m excited to be working alongside the other summer assistants, Felicia and Tandrell, to make our summer programming fun for all of the youth who participate.

Hola!

My name is Tandrell LaShawn Foster Jr. I just finished my freshmen year at The College of St. Scholastica, where I’m majoring in Social Work. In addition to school, I am also on the football team and in the choir. In High School I had been a camp counselor for 4 years and was on the planning team. In 2015, I had received the honorable award of Most Valuable Camp Counselor (MVCC). I’m really happy that I can still be a part of the Iron County Summer Youth Camp tradition this year.

I am thankful to have such great coworkers who have brought me in with open arms. My solo project for the summer is to work with the Hurley Kids Club (formerly the Hurley STARS Program) every Wednesday. It’s going to be awesome watching them work together and completing the activities I have prepared for them. Along with that I will be helping out with all of the summer programs and this will be my first year attending the Outpost Camp. This summer is going to be great and I couldn’t be happier.