Iron County UW-Extension Welcomes New Office Manager

14355628_991074004348538_3367159403281312676_nMy name is Becky Holm.  I am beyond excited to have started my position as Office Manager at the Iron County UW-Extension office.  I will be training with the current Office Manager, Joyce Gayan for the next 2 months.  She has been so helpful, knowledgeable and kind.  I’ll be sad to see her retire at the end of the year.  The rest of the staff has been so welcoming and it feels great to be part of such a wonderful group of people.

I live in Montreal, Wisconsin with my husband Brandon and my two children, Riley and Bennett.  We also have 3 dogs that I adore.  Their names are Rex, Russell and our new puppy is Baxter.  I have lived in Iron County my entire life and LOVE it here.  I enjoy the fact that we get to experience all four seasons and try to get out biking, xc-skiing, hiking, and fishing as much as I can.  I also enjoy going to Lake Superior, where I love picking agates with my oldest son.  It’s been nice seeing my children develop some of the same interests that I enjoy and hope that they love our area as much as I do when they grow up.

I am a 1997 graduate of the Hurley School District.  I also have an Associate Degree in Graphic Art & Design, but have never used it in my professional career.  I do however paint, draw, and wood burn in my spare time.  Prior to accepting this position, I was the Accounting Assistant at Keweenaw Land Association, Limited.  It was a great place to work and I thought that I would be employed there until retirement but felt like there was something missing.  I have always loved working with the public so after working 4 years in the accounting world, it became apparent that I needed to pursue a career where I would be able to do just that.  When I saw that the Office Manager position was opening up, I knew that it would be a perfect fit for me.

I have been enjoying the training process and have learned so much about the wonderful programs that help make Iron County such a great place to live.   I look forward to what’s to come and am very thankful to be given the opportunity to represent the Iron County UW-Extension as your new Office Manager.